Thursday 23rd October

Such a busy week, bosses are away and overtime needs to be done, in all honesty though it is killing me. I find it tough enough to get out to do my own shifts, let alone do more.

Then there is the fact that we are not as sure on the Post Office counter side of things as the boss is, and the 2 people supposedly left in charge are having a bit of a power frenzy moment - even though they are both nice girls, its not making a very good work environment at the moment.

But IT IS A DAY OFF today!!!! Whoop Whoop. I get to do just what I want.

Yesterday morning before work, I had to pop to mums to get rid of some bits in the fridge she left before going on holiday.  Caught up on FB with Elaine and Novas antics on there 5 day break. Then I popped into Fabric and Paper to see Karen & Jill, so glad the Christmas fete was a good one for them, and to hear John is recovering well. Also found out Jill is very much the mad cat lady now.

Then into town, paid a bill and deposited money into bank, then drool time as I went into Dingles and looked at all the yummy rowan yarn.  I have 3 projects to knit as Christmas Gifts before I start on Some knitting for me.

I want to knit this



MMMMMMM!! Thinking light caramel for the blue, with a darker brown accent, with shades of mustard yellow, moss green, cranberry and cream to make it more autumnal. I will use Rowan pure wool 4ply.  OOOH I want to start it NOW!

All the while my beef stew was cooking in the slow cooker.

Well that was yesterday, Today I may just go back and get the Rowan wool, as I plan a day of knitting and home relaxation.

I am not a hustle and bustle person in the cooler months, honestly not a hustle and bustle person any month really. I am content in my own company. I would love a cottage in a village out towards the moor, to hide away in with a coal fire. I would spend the days, pottering, baking, knitting and reading. Walking my dog for a couple of hours a day. A blissful life. Please Euromillions be nice LOL!!!!

Must go, there is gift knitting to be done so I can get it finished xx

Comments